Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hannah Kate's Birth Story

Day #6.
This picture story is by far one of the biggest highlights of my year. I got to photograph the birth of my baby niece! It was so special...and I'm so glad I got to do this.
After a weekend full of false alarms, the little princess finally decided she wanted to start making her way into the world on Sunday afternoon. Britt and Stephen were at our house for lunch, and left pretty early because Brittany was starting to get uncomfortable.
Late Sunday night Mom and I got the call that things were picking up! We headed over her house...pretty excited.
Up all night waiting for little baby. Things weren't really picking up, and before I knew it, it was time for me to head to work. I was bummed because I really wanted to photograph her being born. But, thanks to my boss for being flexible, and Sherilyn for helping me out, I was able to go back over later that afternoon. Still no baby.
Long story short, we headed to the hospital around 5:30 pm....i think. The days were pretty jumbled together at that point. After a few more cat naps, and some more waiting....then it was time! I got my camera ready, and got to photograph my adorable little niece being born. One of the most awesome memories....ever.
Finally, on Tuesday December 6th about 4:30 am (again, i don't even know the exact time!) Hannah Kate was born.
After watching brittany labor for that long, and seeing everything she went through, I'm pretty sure she's high on my list of heroes ;-) Stephen did a great job himself. I love that little family =)













































































1 comment:

  1. you did a fantastic job, especially on so little sleep, and after so long! I know all of you were exhausted, but you did a great job, and I know that Brittany is so thankful for the memories you captured! Brought back many of my own :)

    ReplyDelete