Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's Christmas Eve!

It's Christmas eve. That means Christmas day is just a day a way! The parities are going full-fledged right? No so much here! It's been quite the week!
Monday was wonderful! I had the day off, so I went to Anna's house to hang out and bake. We made cake pops and dinner. I mainly did the cake pops, and she mainly did the dinner ;-) The dinner was a success. The cake pops? Well, that's a matter of opinion. haha…actually they weren't too bad ;-)



Tuesday there were very long "to do" lists to accomplish. Well, a fourth of it got done. I overslept (which is never a good start to the day), then went downstairs and mom and ash were having a present wrapping party. I needed to wrap presents, I also needed to get my stuff done. What to do? I wrapped presents. I mean how often do those parties happen? Then mom had an appointment she needed to get to, and it was a nasty and rainy day. Ashlyn and I were starving. So we all headed out. We took mom to her appointment, then went for lunch. It was a fun time :) The rest of the night we hung out and partied with the family. Cause it's Christmas…




Wednesday morning I was pumped up. I had some fun Christmasy plans to do with Alex at work that day…until I got sick anyway. Then I found out Mom and Ash had the same thing! Katelyn was a dear and went to work for me that day. Mom, Ash and I pretty much laid in bed all day. Believe it or not, it wasn't very much fun. Dad was a sweetheart. He came home through out the day to help us. I don't know what we would do without him!
Thursday came around…Tiff was coming home! We started off the day by deep cleaning the upstairs so she COULD come home, then pretty much took it easy.

(the two girls who didn't get sick. they were loading up on meds so they wouldn't...haha )

So, I was excited about Friday. Because all the fun Christmasy stuff Alex and I were going to do Wednesday was going to happen Friday. Except plans changed again. I woke up in the middle of the night sick again. GR! Are you serious? So yesterday wasn't all that exciting either, But I'm glad that God always knows what He's doing and has a plan.

So here's hoping the rest of the weekend turns out to be different than the past few days. Everyone slept through the night here, and that's wonderful! I'm actually thankful for it all. I think God knew my plans needed to be re-arranged. It's so easy to get focused on the fun of the Christmas season, and leave out the purpose for why we celebrate.

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment