Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11

It was ten years ago, so i don't remember a whole lot...but I do remember the day of the attack. We were all in different parts of the house doing our school. I was upstairs watching one of my school videos and mom came up and told me to turn on the tv. My grandmother had called and told her about what was happening.
I just remember sitting there watching it, and didn't really know what to think. What in the world was happening? I remember hearing everyone say "America has changed forever" and it really kind of freaked me out.
It did change America... but I'm so glad to know that God is in control.
Today I took Alex to Kennesaw Mountain to go hiking with Sherilyn (my sister), her boys, and my mom. They had almost 3 thousand American flags out in the field. What a sight. I was reminded of just how many people 9/11 affected. Not just those who died, but all of their families and friends. I was also reminded of the many who gave their lives trying to save and help people.
I'm so thankful those people...and those who are still giving their lives for the freedom I enjoy today. I'm so blessed. I never want to forget what happened on September 11th, ten years ago.







We were in a hurry and the sun was harsh, but I had to grab a few pictures. I really want to go back with my wide angle at sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment