Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend of grace.

Yes, I know….Thursday was the last time I blogged. I promise I do have a legit excuse. I'm going to try to make a long story short. Or, shortish.

On Friday morning while I was at work, my dad was taken to the hospital for server pressure in his chest. It was pretty scary because dad never, and I mean, never goes to the hospital. My boss was so understanding and let me off early so that I could be with the rest of the family and go to the hospital. While I was driving home, I got a call from one of my sisters who told me that he had/was having a heart attack. Hearing that news is always scary…but when it's happening to your dad, it's 10 times scarier.

When I got home, four of us girls headed to the hospital, and we saw dad just as they were moving him. We found out one side of his heart was blocked 100% an the other 80%, and he had suffered a very bad heart attack. Words can't even explain the feeling of seeing him hooked up to all of that stuff. It was so hard! Our pastor and one of the men from our church was there, and we were all so thankful for them. They waited around with us, and the support was just so encouraging!

Friday night we were all so completely exhausted. Both physically and emotionally. I had already committed to shooting a wedding the next day with my friend, and honestly I just didn't know how that was going to happen. God was truly so good. He is where our strength comes from! After a good night of sleep, and good news from the hospital, I was ready to go!

I can not even thank everyone enough for all the prayers and support. Our phones were going crazy between phone calls and text messages. Facebook notifications were popping up every few minutes. God has definitely answered prayers, and his grace and strength has been seen so clearly through this entire weekend! We serve a mighty God, and I feel so blessed to have been able to witness his greatness and mercy! To God be the glory, great things HE hath done!!

Please continue to pray for my dad. He had a stint put in Friday, and another one today. He did well, so we are praying for a good recovery!


And since blog posts are way better with pictures, here are a few "behind the scenes" from the wedding Saturday. Babbs is a super photographer!










No comments:

Post a Comment